Renew your ID Card (Smart CNIC/Smart NICOP)
You can apply for a Renewal of your ID Card if it has expired. You can also choose to convert to chip-based Smart-ID Card (Smart CNIC/Smart NICOP) while applying in renewal category.
Applying for Renewal
Refer to the following slideshow to view the steps for Renewal of your ID Card on Pak-Identity:
Once you have registered and prepared with you the photograph and supporting documents, you are now ready to apply for renewal of your ID Card/NICOP at Pak-Identity.
- Create an application in the Renewal category.
- Please select the card delivery address.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide the required personal details.
- Upload your photograph up to 5MB as per specifications defined in Photograph Tutorial
- Upload the supporting documents
- Submit the attester/verifier details.
- Edit the suggestive online Urdu data form. The names provided in English shall be translated automatically.
- Download the form, capture the best 4 fingerprints asked by the system.
- Fill in the attester/verifier information in the form.
- Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Scan and upload the supporting documents
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.
How Long will the Online Application Process take?
The online application process differs for each category you apply in. The following table shows the approximate time take to complete an online application, assuming that you fulfill all the prerequisites.
|Sr #||Activities||Estimated Time|
|1||Register user||2 min|
|2||Select application category||0.5 min|
|3||Give card delivery details||1 min|
|4||Pay fee||2 min|
|5||Give personal details||8 min|
|6||Upload photograph||1 min|
|7||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|8||Review/Change, Print, Scan and Upload Urdu form||5 min|
|9||Submit application||0.5 min|
|Total estimated time||21 min|