- About the Service
- Application Categories
- Supporting Documents
- Processing and Delivery Times
- Application Completion
- Fee Payment
- Application Processing
- Application Tracking
- Registration & Logging In
- Browser/Resolution compatibility
What is Pak-Identity?
Pak-Identity is an online portal for filing application for different types of Pakistani ID cards. You can:
- Apply for a New Overseas ID (NICOP) for the first time.
- Apply for an ID Reprint if your card was lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
- Apply for an ID Renewal if your card has expired.
- Apply for an ID Modification if you want to amend your national identity data.
- Apply for an ID Conversion to a chip-based Smart-ID card through a Renewal or Modification application.
- Apply for an ID Cancellation if you want to cancellation your national identity card.
- Apply for ID Verification if you need to verify an ID Card.
- Apply for New/ Renewal/ Modification/Cancellation of Pakistan Origin Card
- Apply for a new Family Registration certificate or verify the FRC.
- Apply for a verification of Child Registration Certificate.
Why should I choose Pak-Identity?
- It’s fast. Apply hassle free in few simple and easy steps.
- It’s convenient. Apply for your National ID from your home or office, anywhere in the world, at any time, on any modern browser connected to the Internet.
- Whether you live in Pakistan or abroad, your card will be delivered to your doorstep.
How does this online system work?
The Pak-Identity website allows you to easily acquire your National ID in 3 simple steps:
- STEP 1: Registration
Register an account on the Pak-Identity web application. You can access it using the Apply Now button on the homepage. You need to give a valid mobile number and email address for account verification.
- STEP 2: Fee Submission
Depending on your application category, you will be asked to pay your fee at either the start or the end of the application (varies between application types). We accept all major Credit & Debit Cards.
- STEP 3: Online Application
Complete your application and make sure all provided information is correct. Upload your photograph, fingerprints and supporting documents. Instructions on how to upload these documents are available in each respective section in the application as well as on the home page.
And you are done!
Your Application will be processed by NADRA and the ID card shall be delivered at your address. You may be contacted in case any further information is required.
What are the benefits of a Smart-ID Card?
- High security – Data is engraved into different layers of the card and stored in the chip, which can prevent lost or stolen cards from being altered or used by other people.
- Greater convenience – with multi-function capacity, the card can be used for various applications such as an e-driver’s license or a health insurance card.
- Quality service – the smart identity card is the foundation of the delivery of electronic government services. In future, smart identity card holders will be able to enjoy various kinds of public services simply by going on-line at home or making use of smart identity card readers without having to visit government offices in person.
What categories can I apply in?
The following application categories are currently available at Pak-Identity. More categories will be added as we expand our online service.
- New Overseas ID Card (NICOP)
- Reprint ID Card
- Renew ID Card (includes conversion to Smart-ID)
- Modify ID Card
- Cancel ID Card
- Verify ID Card
- New POC
- Renew POC
- Modify POC
- Cancel POC
- New Family Registration Certificate(FRC)
- Verify Family Registration Certificate(FRC)
- Verify Child Registration Certificate(CRC)
When can I apply for a New Overseas ID (NICOP)?
You can apply here in case you already possess a 13 digit Nadra issued identity number which can be a CRC, NICOP, CNIC or Smart ID. Your first identity document will be converted into a valid NICOP. Please note that this is also valid for modification of NICOP.
NO PREVIOUS IDENTITY:
You can apply here in case you do not possess a 13 digit Nadra issued identity number which can be a CRC, NICOP, CNIC or Smart ID. Your first identity document will be NICOP. Please note that in this case, supporting documents will be required.
When can I apply for a Renewal of my ID?
You can apply for a Renewal of your ID Card if it has expired .Choose the Renewal category when you are applying for a conversion of your card to a chip-based Smart-ID Card. If you choose to have your card converted to a Smart-ID, you can modify your identity details during the online application process. You may be asked to provide some documentary proof for these modifications.
When can I apply for a Reprint of my ID?
You can apply for a Reprint of your ID Card (CNIC/NICOP) if it has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
When can I apply for a Modification of my ID?
- If you would like to amend your national identity data (CNIC/NICOP) e.g. address, Name, photograph, signature etc. then you can apply for a modification in your ID Card.
- You can also apply in modification if your ID card (CNIC/NICOP) has not yet expired and you want to acquire your Smart-ID.
How many applications can I apply for, from one account?
You can use your Pak Identity account for upto 8 applications.
I have applied in the wrong category. What should i do now?
In case the payment is not processed, you can select archive option for rejecting your tracking id. Archive option is present on your existing application page. Once your tracking id is rejected you can proceed with the new one.
Can I apply for normal/Teslin based identity card through Pak-identity?
The application categories introduced through Pak-identity allows you obtain your Smart Identity. You must visit any nearest NADRA Center for getting Normal CNIC.
Can I apply for new CNIC through Pak-identity?
You cannot apply online for new CNIC through Pak-identity. You will have to visit any nearest NADRA Centre to apply for new CNIC.
When can I apply for First time (New) POC?
You can apply for a new POC if
- You were a Pakistani national and have surrendered the nationality.
- You are a foreign national and your parents or grandparents are or were Pakistani nationals.
- You are a foreign national and any of your relatives (brother, sister, uncle, aunt) are or were Pakistani nationals.
When can I apply for a Renewal of my POC?
You can apply for a Renewal of your POC if it is expiring in 6 month’s time. Choose the Renewal category (My Pakistan Origin Card has expired). You need to provide an image of your valid foreign passport in this category.
What will the Verification of FRC confirm?
You can verify FRC online with the FRC number and it will display all the family members included in the FRC.
Are the photographs required in applying for a new FRC?
Yes, you will be required to provide your Photograph (applicant) as well as photographs of all members of the FRC who are under 18 years of age. The applicant must be part of the FRC he/she is applying for.
What documents do I need to apply online?
You will have to upload supporting documents with your application to facilitate the processing. The required supporting documents depend on your chosen application type.
To find out which Supporting Documents you must upload, please choose options below that represent your application as accurately as possible.
- Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)
- National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP)
- Pakistan Origin Card (POC)
NOTE: There may be some extra documents required depending on the nature of your specific case.
Information on how to attach documents to your online application will assist you in uploading your supporting documents.
How long will it take to Process and Deliver my ID Card?
“The card delivery and printing timelines depend on the application type selected. For the Normal category, the printing time of the card is approximately 31 days after approval by the case officer. Similarly, printing time for urgent and executive categories is approximately 23 and 10 working days respectively. If an application is submitted carefully along with complete documents, it will be approved in 48 hours. However, incomplete applications can take longer time and depends on the applicant’s reply to the case officer.
Further, during COVID-19 pandemic situation, courier services operations are severely affected, therefore delays are expected during the dispatch of cards.“
How will I know if I have completed a section of the application?
A check-mark will appear on the top of the section that has been completed.
Where can I review the information I provided?
You can review the information or check the previous section at any point whilst completing the application. This can be done by clicking the respective bar of the completed section and that box will open with the information provided. Once all sections are completed you will be able to review all of the information you have given. However, once payment is made/completed you will not be able to make further changes in the fields which impact the fee of the application.
I need help with filling out my application. Where do I go?
The Pak-Identity web application displays helpful information next to each information field. You just need to click the “?” icon and the information will be displayed about that specific field. You will also find guidance at the Identity document page and in our Guides and Information links at the bottom of the Homepage.
What will happen if I ‘Submit my Application’ before all the information has been provided?
Pak-Identity portal will not let you submit incomplete applications.
How do I save my application?
After providing the complete information in a respective section, you will need to click the save button in the right bottom of each section.
I completed my application but haven’t received any confirmation from NADRA. Did NADRA get my application?
A confirmation email upon successful submission of your application is automatically sent to your provided email address. The email might end up in your Junk Mail folder.
Do I need to submit fingerprints or signatures for juvenile in case of NICOP?
No! You do not need to submit fingerprints or signatures for juveniles (Under 14 years of age).
What do I need to know about 4 digit security code?
The 4 digit security code is saved in smart identity card chip. It allows the holder to perform secure transaction in various applications. The digits range from 0-9. Applicant can choose any four.
What should I put in Relation with Head field?
Select your relationship with the head of the Family
- If Head of the family is FATHER
- RELATIONSHIP WITH HEAD: CHILD
- If Head of the family is HUSBAND
- RELATIONSHIP WITH HEAD: WIFE
How do I pay the Application Fee?
If you are applying from within Pakistan, you can pay the fee:
- Online at Pak-Identity using a credit card/debit card
- In person at an franchisee outlet against your Tracking ID.
If you are applying from outside Pakistan, you can pay the fee:
- online at Pak-Identity using a credit card/debit card
Can I pay with someone else’s credit card/debit card?
You can also pay by someone else’s credit/debit card, but not without consent of the card owner.
How can I pay through franchise?
Applicant within Pakistan can also pay through Franchisee outlet. You can pay by:
- Visiting any of your nearest franchise.
- Provide our representative with your tracking id and amount. Fees would be transferred against that tracking id and a receipt would be given to you.
- You may then proceed further with your online Pak-identity application.
Is there cash on delivery option available?
No, cash on delivery is not an available option. The only available option for payment is through debit/credit card and outlet (for applicants within Pakistan only).
My application is rejected. What should I do?
If your application is rejected by the case officer, the rejection reasons and details are communicated through email. Check the email in your inbox or junk folder. In case you want to contest the rejection, you can launch a complaint on our Complaint Management System (CMS)
Why payment is taken earlier while applying?
Payment is taken early only for modification and renewal category. It enables the applicant to view his/her information stored in National database.
My case officer is asking for additional supporting documents. Where and how should I send these documents?
There are two ways to provide the required documents.
- Either login to your account, open your existing application and upload the document in upload documents tab.
- Or you can provide it directly in reply to the case officer’s email.
Can I set properties of finger print form as 600 dpi through software (Photoshop etc.)?
No, you cannot set properties of fingerprint form as 600 dpi through software. You must scan the form by setting scanner properties to 600 dpi in grey scale.
Will I be notified about the status of my application?
Pak Identity System will send notifications regarding the processing of your application on the provided mobile number and email address. You will be notified at the following stages of your application:
- Pak-Identity Account Registration
- Fee Submission
- Application Submission
- Application Approval/Rejection/Deferral
- Card Printing
- Card Dispatch
Can I track my application status manually?
In addition to the automated updates above, if you are applying from abroad, you can do so by clicking the existing application tab, you can see the “status” in the table against your tracking ID, click it and you will get to know about the status of your application.
Or if you are applying from Pakistan then, you can track your application by sending your Application Tracking ID to “8400”.
I have registered my account with wrong Email/mobile number. What should i do?
You can re-register your account with accurate email/mobile number. You have to provide new email ID.
What is the username and password for logging in?
You will be allowed to create a login username and password when you register your account. Please use the same credentials to login.
What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
If you have forgotten your password, please use the “forget password” link on the Pak-Identity login page.
Can I change my password?
Yes, you may change your password by using the ‘Change Password’ option after logging into Pak-Identity.
What should I do if I suspect that my password has been stolen or exposed to others?
If you suspect that your password has been stolen or exposed to others, please change your password immediately.
Which browsers are supported by the Pak-Identity Web Application?
Pak-Identity reliably supports the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome 40 and above
- Firefox 39 and Above
- Opera Latest version
Why can’t I access Pak-identity on low resolution screen?
To make the user experience as smooth as possible, Pak-Identity enforces certain restrictions. One of these restrictions is preventing the use of low resolution screens to access the system. Please use a system with a minimum screen resolution of 1280 x 720.
What do I do if I face a problem or a difficulty while launching my Pak-identity Application?
You may email us at the following email addresses, based upon the nature of your issue
- For information on Pak ID application process or for general queries regarding online application, please use the complaint registration system on the Contact Us Page.
Please make sure you include your
- Tracking ID
- Citizen Number (ID card Number)
- Contact Phone numbers
Fingerprint form meets specifications i.e. 600 dpi, 3MB size, but I am still unable to upload the fingerprint form?
If you are facing fingerprints form uploading problem even after the fulfillment of the specifications of 600 dpi scanner’s setting and less than 3 MB file size. You can re-try by following the below mentioned instructions.
- Download the form from the link available on the Fingerprint section
- Take fingerprint impressions with black ink pad
- Scan the form by setting scanner at 600 dpi in greyscale (and not converted to 600 dpi through a software e.g. Photoshop etc.)
- ensure that the File size: no more than 3 MB and the file type is JPEG/JPEG/PNG
- Upload the fingerprint form on the Pak-identity application.
- Continue with the application submission on Pak –identity system.
What should i do if I experience the ERROR: YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR SMART ID, PLEASE CONTACT NADRA CENTRE FOR MORE INFORMATION?
This error indicates that applicant’s finger prints do not exist in NADRA Database. To rectify the issue the applicant needs to visit any nearest NADRA’s center for fingerprint registration.
I am facing the issue regarding the payment of fees through credit card. What should i do?
You should use the link to the complaint registration system on the Contact Us Page.
Please make sure you include your
- Tracking Id
- Bank Name
- Credit/Debit card provider
- Country (applied from)
I am unable to upload/download the documents. What should I do?
You can update your browser to the following recommended browsers and try again.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Chrome 40 and above
- Firefox 39 and Above
- Opera 31 and Above